I hope everyone had a wonder holiday! I've been on a little hiatus from blogging because with the holidays, I'm sure everyone can relate on how busy it can get. I did manage to survive by doing the majority of my Christmas shopping online. Thank goodness for the internet! I also made sure I took a lot of breaks and rested when I had a chance.

Anyway, during my little hiatus, I came across an article about Terri Seymour, a model and an ex-girlfriend of Simon Cowell's (from American Idol). She was diagnosed in her early 20's with lupus and almost died from complications of the disease.


I wanted to mention this article because so many times I've wondered if there were any celebrities that can act as a voice to us lupus sufferers. There has been only a handful of celebrities that have opened up about the disease. It was nice to read an article from a celebrity who explains how it feels to live with it. This one in particular had more information about the disease than I've read in other articles. For instance, I didn't realize that rheumatoid symptoms can effect a person's voice.

Since I've been diagnosed, I've noticed that sometimes my voice changes and gets raspy more so than normal. I remember sitting at dinner at a restaurant and trying to talk to my friends at our table and my friends straining to hear me. I tried to talk as loud as I could but my voice just couldn't get louder than a certain point. Other times, I think I'm talking loud enough but hear a lot of "can you repeat that?" and "I can't hear you's". Other times when I talk at the loudest level I can talk, my voice changes for days afterward. It gets raspier almost like Demi Moore's. I think I'm going to bring this up to my rheumatologist next time I see him.

If you'd like to check this article out, click here.  I hope you find this article as interesting as I did.
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...